https://www.getzhandyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Getz-handyman-2-300x300.png 0 0 adminseo https://www.getzhandyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Getz-handyman-2-300x300.png adminseo2023-03-31 18:15:552023-03-31 18:16:25Drywall DIY
If you need to repair drywall in Las Vegas, here are some tips that may help:
- You’ll need a drywall saw, utility knife, sandpaper, joint compound, putty knife, and drywall tape.
- Cut out damaged drywall: Use a drywall saw or utility knife to cut out any damaged or broken pieces of drywall. Cut the edges of the hole or crack into a square or rectangular shape.
- Add drywall tape: Place drywall tape over the hole or crack, pressing it firmly into place.
- Apply joint compound: Use a putty knife to apply joint compound over the drywall tape.
- Apply enough compound to cover the tape completely and feather the edges. of the compound outwards to blend it with the surrounding wall.
- Once the compound is dry, use sandpaper to smooth the area. Start with a coarse grit and work your way up to a fine grit until the area is completely smooth.
- most walls in Las vegas need to be textured after the drywall is dry.
- u can find texture for small areas in your local hardware store.
- u can adjust texture size and apply knockdown if needed 10 minutes after. sprayed.
- if u are not sure about the right texture you need, Getz Handyman textured many walls in Las vegas to a lot of happy customers and can help you to get it right.
- Finally, paint the repaired area to match the rest of the wall.
- if color match is needed, take a sample of the wall to your local paint store. they should be able to match it.
These tips should help you to make a successful drywall repair in Las Vegas.
If you’re unsure about any step in the process, it may be best to seek professional assistance.
Getz handyman specializes in drywall repair and small patches and can help u with bringing your wall back to his original form.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!